- Application Note: Calculating temperature rise when mounting wireless LAN access points into Oberon’s NEMA and Ceiling enclosures (.pdf) April, 29, 2014
- Application Note: Calculating Temperature Rise In 1074 Enclosuress (.pdf) April, 29, 2014
- Application Note: Using Oberon 1020 Series Enclosures in stadiums and other high density venues (.pdf) April 30, 2014
- Application Note: Positioning Your Wireless Router with Oberon's Network Cabinet (.pdf) September 2014
White paper that describes how to position your wireless router and other network components with Oberon Model 1016 Network Cabinet.
Wireless LANs in Education
- Installing Wi-Fi Access Points and Wireless Networks in Educational Facilities and Residence Halls (.pdf)
Installations in classrooms, libraries, laboratories, administration buildings, residence halls, auditoriums, stadiums and outdoor areas, often challenge the installer to use "every tool in the tool box." 3-14-14
Wireless LANs in Healthcare
- Article: Wireless Installation in Healthcare Facilities (.pdf)
Installation in Hospitals creates unique challenges, including mitigation of Airborne Infectious Disease, satisfying Infection Control Risk Assessment (ICRA) procedures and the TIA-1179 Healthcare Facility Telecommunications Infrastructure Standard, and HIPAA compliance. 3-2-2014
- Cabling and Wireless Options for Healthcare Facilities (.ppt)
This is the Cabling Installation and Maintenance webinar Powerpoint on wireless networks in hospitals. This presentation addresses the applications for wireless specific to hospitals, and requirements for ICRA compliance and other precautions necessary in the hospital environment.
Presented by Scott Thompson, Oberon, Inc. January 16, 2013
- Presentation: Wireless in Hospitals Bootcamp (.ppt)
This presentation provides best practices for installation of wireless networks in hospitals, regarding ICRA procedure compliance, code compliance, TIA-1179, physical security and aesthetics. July 29, 2012
- Article: BICSI Healthcare: Wireless Health Care - Key Stategies for Success
BICSI News Magazine article on wireless LAN deployment at Henry Ford Health System. Nov/Dec 2010
- Sample Matrix of Precautions for Construction and Renovation (.pdf) November 2008
Fiber to the Enclosure (FTTE)
- Article: Hierarchical Star, Centralized Cabling or Fiber-to-the-Telecom Enclosure -- which architecture is best for your installation?
Find out with the FOLS Cost Model.
- Application Note: NEMA Enclosure Coverage FAQ (.pdf)
Do Oberon’s NEMA 4 Non-metallic wireless access point enclosures affect wireless coverage? February 14, 2014
- Application Note: Improving Wireless Coverage and Gain (.pdf)
This paper describes how standard dipole antenna patterns are enhanced by mounting the antenna on an (electrically conductive) enclosure. January 8, 2006
- Application Note: Model 1059-00 Coverage FAQ
This pdf document details the coverage of an access point while inside in the Oberon Model 1059-00 ceiling enclosure. Contact our customer service representives if you have further questions. August 27, 2010