|Features & Benefits
- Economical and easy to install
- Conveniently and quickly install APs and antennas from most vendors into hard ceiling environments
- AP and antennas mount flush to the ceiling, providing an aesthetic, professionally installed appearance
- Design: Economical, recessed hard ceiling or wall installation kit for APs and antennas. For pre-existing drywall, sheetrock, gypsum board walls or ceiling (remodeling or old construction). AP mounts in interchangeable bracket and trim, providing a professional finish. Designed for all leading vendors’ APs and antennas, as identified in Oberon’s Model 1042 configuration guide
- Performance: UL listed for low voltage applications, and designed to meet NEC300-22 and 300-23 for plenum installations. De-rate AP operating temperature range by 10°C when mounted in enclosure
- AP/antenna bracket and trim is interchangeable for other APs or antennas, without removing back-box. Trim attaches with torsion spring
- Firestop grommet for insertion into back-box, large enough for 2 Cat6A cables
- 1 in. trade size knockouts in two walls
- Swivel fasteners secure enclosure into pre-existing hard ceiling/wall panels .75 in. thick or less
- Construction: 20 ga. galvanized steel back-box, and white, powder-coated 20 ga. steel trim. Solid back-box fills opening behind AP, creating an effective fire, smoke and dust barrier to simplify ICRA compliance. (Model 1042-FL only: Paintable UL-945VA ABS Plastic cover, virtually transparent to wireless signals)
- Constructed to be compliant with City of Chicago Environmental Air (CCEA) plenum requirements
- Maximum weight inside enclosure is 25 lbs.
- Size: Trim is 14.64 x 14.64 x 0.3 in. (372 x 372 x 8 mm). Back-box is 11 x 11 x 3 in. (280 x 280 x 76 mm)
- Suitable for both North American and European (metric) ceilings
Standards for Safety
- UL 2416, Audio/Video, Information and Communication Technology Equipment Cabinet, Enclosure & Rack Systems
- CSA C22.2 NO. 60950-1-07 + Amd. 1 Amd. 2 Information Technology Equipment -- Safety. Part 1, General Requirements
Measurements (Maximum values*):
- Width: 11 in.
- Height: 11 in.
- Depth: 3 in.
- Item Weight: 5 lbs.
- Shipping Weight: 6 lbs.
- (1) Galvanized steel back box with swivel fasteners
- (1) AP or antenna specific bracket and trim. (See Oberon’s Model 1042 Configuration Guide)
- Model 1042-FL only: (1) Cisco mounting bracket, (1) AP mount T-bar brackets, and (1) ABS plastic cover
- (1) 1 in. Conduit fitting with nut
- (1) Firestop grommet, large enough for 2 CAT 6A cables
- (1) 3 meter long Caddy Speed Link™ support wire (P/N SLD15L3)
- (4) #6-32 X 1/2 in. white screw
- (1) Installation instructions
View this Spec Sheet on oberoninc.com - oberoninc.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=7164&Itemid=399
Installation Instructions - oberoninc.com/images/_Instructions/Oberon_Model_1042-COAP9120_Instructions.pdf
Customer Prints - oberoninc.com/images/_Customer_Prints/Oberon_Model_1042-COAP9120_Customer_Print.pdf
SECTION 27_21_33 DATA COMMUNICATIONS WIRELESS ACCESS POINTS
For Oberon product CAD files, contact customer service
Configurations: Model 1042
AP or antenna specific trim is included with the product; please specify the SKU required when ordering.
Note: The trim is interchangeable after installation. Please see configuration guide for retrofit trim P/N options.
||SPECIFY AP TRIM
For new construction, refer to the Model 1043 Series