Cisco’s new 2800 and 3800 Series 802.11ac Wave 2 access points offer unprecedented enterprise mobile networking performance.
Oberon, a Cisco Solution Partner, is the leading manufacturer of mounting solutions and enclosures for Cisco access points.
Cisco’s latest access point deployment guide recommends use of Oberon recess ceiling mounts for the new 2800 and 3800 Series access points.
Oberon’s new 1040 Series recess mounts are designed to recess the access point partially into the ceiling, much like recessed lighting, exposing only the antenna face of the access point. This provides a secure, aesthetic, and professional installation, versus clipping the access point to the ceiling grid. Model 1040 Series styles are available for most types of ceiling, including suspended (drop) grid ceilings, cloud ceilings, hard (gyp-board) ceilings, new construction, and existing construction.
MOUNTING AP IN SUSPENDED OR CLOUD CEILINGS
Oberon’s Model 1040-CCOAP3800 is an economical, yet professional recess installation kit for the Cisco 2800 and 3800 Series access points. The 1040 consists of a tile bridge (to support the access point), an AP bracket, and AP-specific trim.
The Model 1044 is similar recess ceiling mount, but has a solid back-box for healthcare environments where there is a concern about lifting ceiling tiles or where there is a concern for maintain the integrity of a fire rated ceiling system. The 1044-CCOAP3800-F Series has a larger front-attached trim. With the 1044 "-F" Series, once the back-box is installed, the trim piece with access point can be attached to the back-box from the front rather than tightened in from the rear of the back-box. This will simplify access point swap out and maintenance in a hospital environment with ICRA procedures. For hospital environments, please specify the front-attach (“-F”) trim.
INSTALLATION STEPS FOR NEW MODEL 1040-CCOAP3800 SUSPENDED CEILING RECESS MOUNTING KIT
1) Cut an opening in your ceiling tile per the installation instructions.
2) Place tile bridge on back (top, when installed) of ceiling tile; this will span the grid when installed. The tile bridge helps to keep your tile from sagging under weight of AP.
3) Attach AP to bracket. AP slides onto bracket with no additional hardware.
4) Attach trim to bracket with finger-tightened thumb nuts. Trims are available for most leading vendors' APs.
5) Trim, bracket and AP assembly attach to the tile bridge with fastening hardware. Tighten the hardware so that AP trim compresses ceiling tile onto tile bridge.
6) Place ceiling tile with AP and trim into ceiling grid. When installed, AP is recessed into ceiling tile providing for an aesthetic professional installation.
Recessed Panel Ceiling Installation Kit for Wi-Fi Access Points / Cisco 2800 & 3800 Series AP Trim / Spring Attached
INSTALLATION STEPS FOR NEW MODEL 1042-CCOAP3800 HARD CEILING RECESS MOUNTING KIT
Oberon offers multiple solutions for mounting access points in hard ceiling areas, including recessed wall mounts for old and new construction, surface mount boxes, and surface mount enclosures. All of these products are intended to simplify the installation process and provide for an aesthetic installation.
1) Cut an opening in the ceiling per the installation instructions.
2) Fasten the back-box into the ceiling. The back-box installs like a recessed lighting fixture. Install firestop grommet for cable. Biscuit jack and patch cord can be installed in back-box as well.
3) Attach trim to AP bracket with finger-tightened thumb nuts. Trims are available for most leading vendors' APs.
4) Fasten AP/trim assembly to the installed back-box. When installed, AP is recessed into ceiling tile providing for an aesthetic professional installation.
Model 1042 is for old construction or remodeling environments. The Model 1043 includes installation hardware for new construction environments. Both have a solid, firestopped, back-box for ceilings with a fire rating. Trim pieces are available for leading enterprise AP vendors. AP-specific trim is included with the product. For different vendors' access points, specify the trim required. Note: The trim is interchangeable after installation.
11 in. Recessed Wall and Hard-Lid Ceiling Existing Construction Installation Kit for Wi-Fi Access Points / Cisco 2800 & 3800 Series AP Trim / Spring Attached