The Model 1042 Envelop™ series offers the simplest way to mount APs and antennas into existing hard (drywall/sheetrock) ceilings and walls for an aesthetic, professional installation. A cutout is made in the ceiling and the all metal back-box is fastened into the ceiling. The AP or antenna fastens to the appropriate trim, and the trim attaches to the to the back-box with torsion springs. The AP is recessed into the ceiling much like a recessed light fixture. AP trim is easily swapped for new trim when AP brand or model changes. (Model 1042-FL recesses AP entirely behind a low-profile ABS plastic cover). See configuration guide in specs for AP-specific trims.
- Economical and easy to install
- Conveniently and quickly install APs and antennas from most vendors into hard ceiling environments
- AP and antennas mount flush to the ceiling, providing an aesthetic, professionally installed appearance
- Design: Economical, recessed hard ceiling or wall installation kit for APs and antennas. For pre-existing drywall, sheetrock, gypsum board walls or ceiling (remodeling or old construction). AP mounts in interchangeable bracket and trim, providing a professional finish. Designed for all leading vendors’ APs and antennas, as identified in Oberon’s Model 1042 configuration guide
- Performance: UL listed for low voltage applications, and designed to meet NEC300-22 and 300-23 for plenum installations. De-rate AP operating temperature range by 10°C when mounted in enclosure
- AP/antenna bracket and trim is interchangeable for other APs or antennas, without removing back-box. Trim attaches with torsion spring
- Firestop grommet for insertion into back-box, large enough for 2 Cat6A cables
- 1 in. trade size knockouts in two walls
- Swivel fasteners secure enclosure into pre-existing hard ceiling/wall panels .75 in. thick or less
- Construction: 20 ga. galvanized steel back-box, and white, powder-coated 20 ga. steel trim. Solid back-box fills opening behind AP, creating an effective fire, smoke and dust barrier to simplify ICRA compliance. (Model 1042-FL only: Paintable UL-945VA ABS Plastic cover, virtually transparent to wireless signals)
- Constructed to be compliant with City of Chicago Environmental Air (CCEA) plenum requirements
- Maximum weight inside enclosure is 25 lbs.
- Size: Trim is 14.64 x 14.64 x 0.3 in. (372 x 372 x 8 mm). Back-box is 11 x 11 x 3 in. (280 x 280 x 76 mm)
- Suitable for both North American and European (metric) ceilings
- UL 2416, Audio/Video, Information and Communication Technology Equipment Cabinet, Enclosure & Rack Systems
- CSA C22.2 NO. 60950-1-07 + Amd. 1 Amd. 2 Information Technology Equipment -- Safety. Part 1, General Requirements
- Width: 11 in.
- Height: 11 in.
- Depth: 3 in.
- Item Weight: 5 lbs.
- Shipping Weight: 6 lbs.
- (1) Galvanized steel back box with swivel fasteners
- (1) AP or antenna specific bracket and trim. (See Oberon’s Model 1042 Configuration Guide)
- Model 1042-FL only: (1) Cisco mounting bracket, (1) AP mount T-bar brackets, and (1) ABS plastic cover
- (1) 1 in. Conduit fitting with nut
- (1) Firestop grommet, large enough for 2 CAT 6A cables
- (1) 3 meter long Caddy Speed Link™ support wire (P/N SLD15L3)
- (4) #6-32 X 1/2 in. white screw
- (1) Installation instructions
Model Viewer: Cisco
Spec Sheet - oberoninc.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=5470&Itemid=399
Installation Instructions - oberoninc.com/images/_Instructions/Oberon_Model_1042-COAP4800_Instructions.pdf
Customer Prints - oberoninc.com/images/_Customer_Prints/Oberon_Model_1042-COAP4800_Customer_Print.pdf
SECTION 27_21_33 DATA COMMUNICATIONS WIRELESS ACCESS POINTS
For Oberon product CAD files, contact customer service
Configurations: Model 1042
AP or antenna specific trim is included with the product; please specify the SKU required when ordering.
Note: The trim is interchangeable after installation. Please see configuration guide for retrofit trim P/N options.
|1042||-||SPECIFY AP TRIM
|SKU||Description||Retrofit trim P/N|
|1042-AP215||Trim with torsion spring for Aruba Networks AP215||37-104x-AP215-F|
|1042-AP225||Trim with torsion spring for Aruba Networks AP225 or
Front attach Screw on trim for Aruba Networks AP225
|1042-AP305||Trim with torsion spring for Aruba Networks AP305||37-104x-AP305-S2|
|1042-AP315||Trim with torsion spring for Aruba Networks AP315 or
Front attach Screw on trim for Aruba Networks AP315
|1042-AP325||Trim with torsion spring Aruba Networks AP325 or
Front attach Screw on trim for Aruba Networks AP325
|1042-AP335||Trim with torsion spring for Aruba Networks AP335 or AP345 or
Front attach Screw on trim for Aruba Networks AP335 or AP345
|1042-ARAP515||Trim with torsion spring for Aruba Networks AP515||37-104x-ARAP515-S2|
|1042-CCOAP||Trim with torsion spring for
Cisco 2600, 2700, 3500, 3600, 3700 Series APs
|1042-CCOAP3800||Trim with torsion spring for Cisco 2800, 3800 Series APs||37-104x-CCOAP3800-S2|
|1042-COAP4800||Trim with torsion spring for Cisco 4800 Series APs||37-104x-COAP4800-S2|
|1042-ANTMNT||Trim with knockouts to support external antennas||37-104x-ANTMNT-S2|
|1042-BLANK||Blanking plate to temporarily fill cutout in ceiling||37-104x-BLANK-F|
|1042-FL||Low profile white ABS snap on cover||37-104x-FL|
For new construction, refer to the Model 1043 Series